Monday 16 September 2013

CROSSFIT AND PROGRESS

As promised, I did my first Cross Fit Workout last night. So here is some feedback.

When we arrived and I saw the program, I honestly figured that it would be a breeze. We did the following in 1 minute reps with 1 minute rests in between each exercise. he idea was to do 5 sets of each.

We started off with 12 minutes on the spinning bikes, and then:

  1. Lunges - 60 seconds of lunging to 90 degrees and back up, there is no resistance, only body weight.
  2. Followed by 60 seconds rest.
  3. Push ups - as many as you can do in 60 seconds.
  4. Followed by 60 seconds rest.
  5. Box Jumps - you basically jump onto a box that's about knee high for 60 seconds.
  6. Followed by 60 seconds rest.
  7. Weight Lifting - 60 seconds of lifting a 20kg bar from chest to overhead.
  8. Followed by 60 seconds rest.
  9. Dumbbell Swings - 60 seconds of swinging a 10 kg kettle ball from the floor to chest height.
And that was that, I managed 3 sets of each. I am properly sore today, but it is a good sore.

Eating is going brilliantly, and I will start taking some protein shakes to help with recovery.

I am now signed on to do 3 sessions a week, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Looking forward to it actually, and hoping to do some cardio and light weight training on my own on the off days.

It's going good!

L8r

W

1 comment: